Now is the time to put your budding photographer skills to the test!
TOP 10 TIPS when selling your car | Photo guidance:
- Listings that include detailed images of the condition of the vehicle often sell for more.
- Always take your photos in daylight hours.
- Try and take all your photos in ‘Landscape’ view.
- Take your time and avoid blurred images.
- Imagine yourself buying the car – what would you want to see?
- Ensure your vehicle is clean enough to identify any damage – don’t be caught out on collection day!
- Use the flash. In darker conditions, make sure you turn the flash option on so that it’s easier to see what’s in the image.
- Not too close-up and not too far away. Make sure the subject fits in the frame of the photograph wherever possible.
- Optional extras – make sure you photograph any additional features above the car’s standard specifications.
- Choose a dry day so that buyers can easily see the condition of the bodywork.
Photos required :
- Exterior views – minimum 6 images from different angles and sides of the vehicle
- Interior views – minimum 6 images from front, rear seats, dashboard, boot, engine bay.
- Wheels & Tyres – 1 photo of each wheel front and tyre tread (8 in total)
- Damage – Take any photos of scratches, dents, scuffs or damage. Close-up and further away so that the scale of the damage is easy to see.
- Service documentation – Take photos of the service book and/or invoices from work carried out on your vehicle.